- Collection of Your Information
- We collect information as part of operating the Service and providing you with associated services. We also collect information in connection with other business relations you may have with us or if you subscribe for newsletters or if you register for seminars or similar events.
- We may ask you to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, telephone number, or credit card number. We may also request you to provide demographic information, such as your postal code, age and gender.
- We may collect additional information about your interaction with the Service without combining it with any personal information that will identify you as an individual. For example, to the extent you interface the Service via a web browser, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and any referring web site addresses. We may also use web site analytics tools on our sites to retrieve information from your browser, including the site you came from, the search engine(s) and the keywords you used to find our site, the pages you view within our site, your browser add-ons, and your browser’s width and height.
- We may use technologies, such as cookies and web beacons (described below) to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take in relation to the Service.
- When you receive information from us by e-mail, we may use web beacons (described below), customized links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you more focused e-mail communications or other information.
- Use of Your Personal Information
- We collect and use your personal information to operate and improve the Service. These uses include providing you with more effective customer service; making the Service easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information; performing research and analysis aimed at improving the Service and other technologies; and displaying content that is customized to your interests and preferences. We may also collect and use your personal information for administrating and maintaining other agreements and business relations that we have with our customers, suppliers and business partners.
- We also use your personal information to communicate with you. We may send certain mandatory service communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, information on technical service issues, and security announcements. Additionally, with your permission, we may also occasionally send you surveys or promotional mailings to inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliates, and/or share your personal information with our business partners so they may send you information about their products and services. You can opt-out from receiving newsletters or promotional e-mail anytime through your preferences settings or by following the steps described in the respective newsletter or promotional e-mail.
- When processing personal data for the above-mentioned purposes, we rely on legitimate interests. We have a strong interest in providing and improving the Service, as well as maintaining business relationships with our customers, suppliers and business partners.
- We retain personal data as long as necessary to provide the Service and/or as long as there is a business relation with the company or organization that you represent or otherwise as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose of the processing. Personal data will also be retained as long as required by laws, regulations or decisions by authorities. If you opt-out from receiving newsletters or promotional e-mail, your information will thereafter not be retained and used for such purposes.
- Personal information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in any country in which we or our suppliers maintain facilities. If a business partner or a supplier is located in a country outside the EU/EEA, your personal data may be transferred to a country that does not have data protection laws equivalent to ours. In those cases, we will put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data in connection with the transfer. You can any time contact us for more information on such transfers and the safeguards put in place.
- Sharing of Your Personal Information
- Except as described in this statement, we will not disclose your personal information outside of our company and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your consent.
- We may hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, hosting websites, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. Those service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service to us and/or you. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose than for delivering the service to us and/or you in accordance with our instructions and policies.
- Security of Your Personal Information
- We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information we collect on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit confidential information (such as a password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- If a password is used to help protect your personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
- The Service may use “cookies” which are small text files placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to store your preferences and other information on your computer in order to save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information and to provide personalized content on your later use of the Service.
- You may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. By example, most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or otherwise use the Service as intended.
- Our Service may also make use of images known as web beacons – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that can be used to assist in delivering cookies and allow us to count users who have made use of the Service. We may include web beacons in e-mail messages or our newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
- We may also employ web beacons from third parties in order to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations of the Service, our web sites or related services. We prohibit web beacons from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests
- We may disclose to parties outside our organization information about you that we collect when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal request; (b) protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse aimed at us or third parties; or (d) to protect our or third party’s property rights. If we provide your information to a law enforcement agency as set forth above, we may remove encryption from any files containing such information before providing them to law enforcement.
- Your rights
- You may request access to personal information hold about you by us. You may also request rectification of incorrect personal information. In accordance with applicable law, you may also request erasure of your personal information, restriction of processing your personal information, as well as to object to the processing of your personal information or make a request for disclosure of your personal information in machine-readable format.
- If you have any questions regarding the processing of personal information by us, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any complaints regarding the processing of your personal information, you can also contact the Data Protection Authority in your country.
This Policy may change from time to time. If we make a change to this Policy that we believe materially reduces your rights, we will provide you with notice (for example, by e-mail). We may also provide notice of changes in other circumstances as well.